Tuesday Tech

Another Tuesday today started as every weekday except this morning our son asked daddy to get up at 5.15am.  We both responded together, “no, back to bed.”  He then curled up under his duvet and fell asleep on the floor. About an hour later daddy got up with him and then went downstairs. Soon after I woke our daughter and got her dressed. After the normal morning hassle, we were soon in the car all heading towards daddy’s work and then school.


Once we arrived at school my 5 year old insisted on putting her pencil case and glasses in her book bag. We had an argument in the road as nasty mummy put her foot down.  Her pencil case is very pretty, ‘My little pony’, I’m sure appealing to many 5 year olds.  The glasses I’m not sure where they come from. They might have been a McDonald’s freebie but she insists that she can’t see without them.  They have clear plastic lenses.  I’m sure her teacher would prefer they are left in my car rather than having to take them off her in class.

I left the children at the school breakfast club looking forward to my day off today. I had planned to read some of my book. This did not happen, once I had loaded the washing machine I switched on my lap top and then got lost in the world of the internet. An email from eBay led to me buying a care bear for our 5 year old. However then followed the complication of using the wrong eBay account and having to then cancel one order to then reorder on a different account in order for the discount code to be honoured.  I phoned PayPal once, eBay maybe four times and the seller in Glasgow maybe 3 times.   If you ever get an email from eBay with a discount code, ensure you are using the account that that email is attached to. Then ensure you have entered the code before you check out with Paypal.  I found my laptop would not let me enter the code, but my tablet then did. Why is nothing ever simple? Or why do I have to complicate things?

In between the phone calls, I washed a Hug rug, put the washing on the washing line and put another load in the machine.  I vacuumed the house and tidied some of the front room. My day flew by and I was soon back in the car, driving to collect the kids from school.

I had then planned to help them get their homework finished.  The first thing the kids wanted was toast and then they were jumping on the furniture whilst I was tidying the kitchen. Why do they have to jump on the furniture? “The floor is lava”, I get mad at them for not respecting the furniture then remember they are just 5 and 7 and they are having a lot of fun.  Not so fun for my nerves though, as I don’t want them or the furniture broken as they leap from arm chair to arm chair, run across to settee then leap back to the arm chair. As a child, I can not remember doing this. I’m sure if I had my parents would have gone mad at me.

Both children did not eat all their dinner again, maybe due to our well-meaning neighbour giving them a large bag of crisps as we arrived home after collecting daddy from work. Telling them they could not have them till after dinner did not work as we had a huge tantrum from both of them.

Getting them to bed was difficult as they both wanted daddy to put them there. They continued to play for quite a while, refusing to go to bed. I could still hear them at 9pm, they are quiet now. I am assuming they are both asleep in my 7 year olds bed so I will be moving my 5 year old later.

They argue a lot but they are also best friends, I really hope they continue to be. I do tell them that they need each other, she needs to look after him and him look after her. I think that this important and it is lovely when they are playing nicely together.

Anyway I am now going to get some rest before the morning stress starts again tomorrow and the drama of being mum.

Your comments are valued

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

%d bloggers like this: